Sunday, March 4, 2012

McKinley and Carter Need I Say More


This has to be one of my favorite pictures taken of McKinley and Carter.  They were so cute together.
I took this at the ballpark on the last Thursday night league game for Alex before we moved.  It was a great night.  Not only did they win both games but all of our friends were there to watch her play her last game for Missouri Stealth.  My dear friend Lisa and her two daughters McKinley and Ellie were there to watch as well.    This was cool because Lisa has known Alex since the day she was born and has always been a part of her life.
  When we moved back to Missouri we moved to O'fallon where we lived just a few minutes from Lisa and an instant friendship was born between McKinley and Carter.  They played so well together and we always said they would get married one day.  I took this photo of the two of them hugging which I think captures how they felt about each other.  What makes this even better is that Lisa and her husband Jim bought our house when we found out we were moving to PA.  Carter thought it was pretty cool that McKinley would be living in his house.  When we left our home for our new one, I left the girls some presents on the counter one being a framed picture of the two of them above.  Lisa told me McKinley put it on her room where she could look at it at all times.  I am not sure if it is still out on her shelf where she can look at it but I hope that if it is put away somewhere, that one day when she looks at it again she remembers what a cute little couple they were.  
Oh what a great wedding Lisa and I could put together!!

No comments:

Post a Comment